Vegetable Rava upma makes a healthy breakfast or tiffin. This upma is prepared by cooking vegetables and Sooji with indian spices. We can enjoy Rava upma with coconut chutney and Sambar. Even with Pickle, Rava Kichadi makes a great combination. This will be usually one of the Breakfast Main dish in Marriages. Please check below for step by step instructions and pictures for preparing South Indian Rava Kichadi.
Preparation Time: 15 mins
Cook Time : 15 mins
Ready in : 30 mins
Yields: 2 servings.
Cooked Veggies (Carrots and beans)
Ginger chopped finely
Garlic chopped finely
- Dry roast the rava/sooji to golden colour and allow it to cool.
- Heat oil in the pan and add mustard, cumin seeds, urad dhal, channa dhal and curry leaves. When they splutter add chopped onions,Green chillies, Garlic cloves,Ginger and fry till they turn translucent.
- Add tomato, turmeric powder and fry it till tomato is cooked. Add the veggie and fry it for 2 mins.
- Add 3 cups of water and salt. Allow the water to boil.
- When water boils add rava and continue stirring to avoid lumps. Continue stirring till the water is absorbed. Garnish with coriander leaves.
Vegetable Rava Upma / Vegetable Sooji Kichadi / Sooji Uppuma / rava Kichadi
- Adjust chillies to your taste.
- Green peas can also be added to this kichadi