Egg Fried Rice is a simple Indo-Chinese dish. The steps are same as vegetable fired rice except we add eggs at the last step. This Fried Rice doesn't need any side dish. Below are the detailed instructions with step-wise pictures for Easy Egg Fried Rice.
Preparation Time: 15 mins
Cook Time: 30 mins
Ready In: 45 minsYields: 4 Servings
Veggies of your choice chopped finely
(Carrots, beans, capsicum, cabbage )
Ginger and garlic finely chopped
Green chilly Sauce
Green onions chopped
For Frying eggs:
- Soak Basmati rice for 1 hour and pressure cook for 3 whistles or follow the instructions given in Basmati rice bag. Add 1 tsp of Oil to Rice and keep it ready.This will reduce the stickiness.
- Heat 3 tbsp of Oil in pan.Add green chilli, ginger and garlic. Fry till raw smell goes off.
- Add onions and fry till they turn translucent.
- Add Carrot and beans and fry it they are half cooked. As carrot and beans takes comparatively more time to cook, we are adding carrot and beans first.
- Add capsicum, cabbage and fry till all veggies are cooked.
- Add Soy sauce, green chilly sauce and white pepper . Mix well.
- Switch of the stove. Add Basmati Rice, Salt.
- Whisk 3 eggs and add 1 tsp of pepper and salt. Add Oil and fry the eggs till they are cooked.
- Add the cooked eggs to rice . Lastly Garnish with Green onions.
- Adding green chilly is optional
- If white pepper is not available then use black pepper powder. but colour of the dish will get change.
- If green onions is not available, then replace it with coriander leaves.