This recipe comes to hand, whenever there is no vegetable in home. Pachai payaru sadham is prepared by cooking green moong dal and rice in Indian spices. It is a one pot meal. Please check below for easy and quick Green Moong Dal Rice.
Preparation Time: 5 mins
Cook Time : 20 mins
Ready in : 25 mins
Yields: Serves 3 People
|Green Moong Dal||1/2 Cup|
|Cumin seeds||1/2 tsp|
|Sombu / Fennel Seeds||1/2 tsp|
|Tomatoes chopped||1/4 Cup|
|Turmeric Powder||1/4 tsp|
|Chilli Powder||1 tsp|
|Coriander Powder||1/2 tsp|
|Sambar Powder||1 tsp|
|Coriander Leaves||3 Stalks|
- Wash Moong dal and soak it for 3 hours. Wash and soak rice as per instructions given in rice bag.
- Heat oil in the cooker and add mustard, cumin seeds and Fennel seeds.
- When they splutter add chopped shallots, chopped garlic, red chillies and curry leaves . Fry till onions turn light brown.
- Add chopped tomatoes and fry for 2 mins. Dont make it too mushy.
- Add rice,dal ,salt, Turmeric Powder,Chilli powder ,Coriander powder, Sambar powder and coriander leaves. Add 3 cups of water and mix well.
- Pressure cook and allow 3 whistles.
Adding 1 tsp of Ghee or Coconut oil in the last adds more flavour to the recipe.
Check other green moong dal / pachai payaru recipes below: