Mango finds an important place in South Indian Festivals. People who like tangy taste will surely love this Variety rice. This tangy South Indian Raw Mango Rice makes an easy, quick, tangy Lunch box Recipe. Enjoy this Mango Rice with Chips or Appalam. Please check below for step by step instructions and pictures for preparing South Indian Raw Mango Rice - Mangai Sadam.
Preparation Time: 5 mins
Cook Time: 10 mins
Ready in: 15 mins
Yields: 2 Servings
Ginger finely chopped
Table 2: To Grind
Shredded Raw Mango
- Wash and peel the outer skin of Raw Mango. Grate 1 cup raw mango.
- Grind Raw mango along with roasted peanuts and shredded coconut into smooth paste.
- Heat oil in a pan and add mustard. when mustard splutters, add chana dal, urad dal and fry it till Channa dal turns golden brown color. Add chopped onions, green chillies, ginger and red chillies. Fry till onions turn translucent.
- Add turmeric powder followed by grind-ed mixture. Fry till raw smell goes off.
- Lastly garnish with coriander leaves.Switch of the stove. Add salt, cooked rice and mix well.
- Variation can be done by adding roasted cashews .
- Adding roasted cashews and roasted peanuts is optional
- Adjust chillies to your taste.
- If preparing raw mango rice for lunch box , avoid onions.