Preparation Time: 5 mins
Cook Time: 25 mins
Ready in: 30 mins
Yields: 2 servings
|Any pasta||2 Cups|
|Grated Parmesan Cheese||For Garnishing|
Table 2: Pesto sauce preparation
|Baby Spinach Leaves (tightly packed)||2 Cups|
|Chopped almonds||2 tbsp|
|Olive oil||2 tsp|
|Garlic cloves chopped||1 tsp|
|Grated Parmesan Cheese||1/2 Cup|
- Cook pasta in a large pan of boiling water along with salt as per instructions given in pasta packet.Drain excessive water by placing pasta in colander.Reserve 1/4 cup water.
Pesto sauce preparation:
- Wash spinach in running water for 3-4 times and keep it ready. Dry roast almonds till they turn golden colour.
- Heat olive oil in a pan. Add chopped garlic cloves and fry till raw smell goes off. Add washed spinach and cook for 2-3 mins till the spinach leaves shrink in size. Switch off the stove and allow it to cool.
- Grind spinach, garlic cloves, almonds and 1/2 cup of cheese into smooth paste in blender by adding enough reserved water (Got from draining cooked pasta).
- Add the pesto sauce to the cooked pasta. Garnish with Parmesan cheese before serving.
Spinach Almond Pesto Pasta
Freshly ground pepper can be added for garnishing.
Adjust garlic cloves to your taste.