Preparation Time: 1 hour 30 mins
Cook Time: 20 mins
Yields: 5 buns
Ingredients:Table 1: For Outer Layer
All purpose flour | Maida
Warm water (110 F)
Active Dry Yeast ( 1/2 tsp - 0.8 gms)
|Paneer small cubes||1/2 Cup|
|All purpose flour | Maida||2 tbsp|
|Corn flour||1 tsp|
|Coriander powder||1 tsp|
|Chilli powder||1 tsp|
|Black pepper powder||1/2 tsp|
Table 3: For Stuffing
|Onions chopped||1/2 Cup|
|Ginger garlic paste||1 tsp|
|Shredded Cheese||1/4 Cup|
- Mix sugar, salt, active dry yeast in a big bowl. Add luke warm water (110 F). Whisk the ingredients and add all purpose flour, oil.
- Make a soft dough. Rest it for 1 hour by covering with damp cloth.After 1 hour, the dough will double in size. knead for 2-3 mins.
- Add all purpose flour, cornflour, salt, coriander powder, chilli powder and black pepper powder in a bowl. By sprinkling less water make a thick batter and marinate paneer pieces in the batter for 15 mins.
- Heat Oil in a pan. Add oil and onions. Fry till onions turn translucent. Add ginger garlic paste and fry till raw smell goes off.
- Add capsicum and salt. Fry for 2 mins. Add marinated paneer and fry for 2 mins in medium flame stirring continuously. Switch off the stove.
- Preheat oven to 400 F. Line the baking tray with parchment paper . Add shredded cheese to this stuffing mixture.Now the stuffing is ready. Divide the dough(for outer layer) into big lemon size balls and keep it ready.
- Take a lemon size ball, using hand pat gently and flatten to 2-3 inch diameter. Keep the stuffing in centre and close the outer layer. Arrange in baking tray.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 15 mins in the centre rack of the oven.
Stuffed Savory Bun Indian style
Luke warm water should be used for preparing the dough. If hot water is used, then yeast will die.
Salt is added at two places for stuffing. one while marinating paneer and other while frying capsicum. So carefully adjust salt according to your taste.
Adjust chilli powder and pepper to your taste.
Brush the stuffed balls with egg white or milk before baking to get golden crust.