Preparation Time: 20 mins
Bake Time: 45 mins
Yields: 30 Biscotti
|All purpose flour | Maida||1.25 Cup|
|Rolled Oats||1/2 Cup|
|Cocoa powder||1 tbsp|
|Baking powder||1 tsp|
|Baking Soda||1/2 tsp|
|Semisweet chocolates||2 squares or 56 gms|
|Butter||8 tbsp(or)1/2 Cup|
|Granulated Sugar||3/4 Cup|
|Vanilla extract||1 tsp|
|Chocolate chips||2 tbsp|
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Microwave butter and semi sweet chocolate squares for 40 sec to 1 min till they melt.
- Add sugar and vanilla essence to the butter ,chocolate mixture and whisk till they turn smooth.
- Take all purpose flour, rolled oats, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda ans salt in a big bowl. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and prepare a soft dough.
- Lastly add chocolate chips and mix well. If needed sprinkle some milk.
- Roll the dough and place it in lined baking sheet. Bake the logs for 25 mins. Cool for 10 mins.
- Using a sharp knife, slice the logs diagonally as 1 inch pieces. Turn the slices of biscotti and bake for 10 minutes. Repeat for other side also.
If the dough is hard, then sprinkle few drops of milk.
If the dough is sticky, then sprinkle some flour and mix it.