Preparation Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 15 mins
Yields: 8 to 10
Chappati Flour | Atta
Besan Flour | Gram flour
Methi Leaves (tightly packed)
- Wash fresh fenugreek Leaves (methi leaves) and chop into small pieces.
- Make a soft dough by adding all the ingredients except oil. Knead well and allow the dough to rest for 10 minutes.
- Take a fraction of a dough and make a ball the size of a medium lemon. Flatten the balls to 10-12 inches in diameter using rolling pin.
- Heat dosa tawa and place the flatten dough ball. Drizzle 1/2 tsp of ghee or oil if needed. Cook till golden spots appear on some places. Turn and drizzle 1/2 tsp of oil. cook until golden spots appear on the other side also.
- Repeat the process for remaining flatten dough balls.
Methi Thepla | Vendhaya Keerai Chapati
Chilli powder can be replaced with finely chopped green chillies.
Ginger chilli paste can also be added for more flavor.