Preparation Time: 5 mins
Cook Time: 15-20 mins
Yields: 16 Idli
Soft Idli preparation with step by step pictures:
- Use Idli vessel for preparing Idli instead of using cooker.
- Pour enough water required for cooking Idli in Idli vessel. (Picture 1)
- Cover the Idli plates with white damp cotton cloth. This helps in keeping Idli soft even hours after cooking. (Picture 3). If there is no cloth, then lightly coat idli plates with oil or cooking spray.
- Carefully pour the Idli batter on Idli plates and place the Idli plates inside vessel.(Picture 4)
- Cook it in medium flame till you sense the smell of Idli or till the idli is puffed. For newbies, to check whether Idli is cooked insert a tooth pick or spoon in middle of Idli.If it comes clean, then the Idli is cooked.(Picture 5)
- Remove the Idli plates from Idli vessel and place it on a big plate. Carefully remove the Idli plate and wait for a minute.(Picture 6)
- Sprinkle water on top of the cloth and carefully remove Idli from the Cloth.(Picture 7)
- Soft Idli is ready to eat. Repeat the steaming process for making more idli
For Idli batter preparation, Click the link below: