Preparation Time: 5 mins
Cook Time: 15-20 mins
Yields: 16 Idli
Soft Idli preparation with step by step pictures:
- Use Idli vessel for preparing Idli instead of using cooker.
- Pour enough water required for cooking Idli in Idli vessel. (Picture 1)
- Cover the Idli plates with white damp cloth. This helps in keeping Idli soft even hours after cooking. (Picture 3)
- Carefully pour the Idli batter on Idli plates and place the Idli plates inside vessel.(Picture 4)
- Cook it in medium flame till you sense the smell of Idli .For newbies, to check whether Idli is cooked insert a tooth pick or spoon in middle of Idli.If it comes clean, then the Idli is cooked.(Picture 5)
- Remove the Idli plates from Idli vessel and place it on a big plate. Carefully remove the Idli plate and wait for a minute.(Picture 6)
- Sprinkle water on top of the cloth and carefully remove Idli from the Cloth.(Picture 7)
- Soft Idli is ready to eat.
For Idli batter preparation, Click the link below: