Vegetable Chapati roll is a quick Indian tiffin /snacks recipe. It can be prepared with left over chapati or fresh chapati. Favourite vegetables are stuffed and rolled in chapati. It makes an excellent kid's lunch box meal. I have used thousand island dressing . It can be replaced with green chutney or your favourite salad dressing. Please check below for step by step instructions and pictures for preparing vegetable chapati roll.
Ginger and garlic finely chopped
Green chillies finely chopped
Onions chopped lengthwise
Veggies of your choice chopped lengthwise
(Capsicum, Carrot, cabbage)
Red chilli sauce
Thousand Island dressing
Table 2 : To make chappati
Chappathi Flour / Atta
- Heat Oil in a pan. Add fennel seeds, cumin seeds, finely chopped ginger, garlic and green chillies. when the raw smell goes off, add onions. Fry till onions turn translucent.
- Add carrots and fry till they are half cooked. Add cabbage and fry till they are cooked.
- Add capsicum and coriander leaves. Fry for 2-3 mins. I love crunchy capsicums. Add salt and red chilli sauce.
- To make chappati: Make a soft dough by adding chappati flour, warm water and salt. Knead well and allow the dough to rest for 10 minutes. Take a fraction of a dough and make a ball the size of a medium lemon. Flatten the balls to 10-12 inches in diameter using rolling pin.
- Heat dosa tawa and place the flatten dough ball. Drizzle 1/2 tsp of ghee or oil if needed. Cook till golden spots appear on some places. Turn and drizzle 1/2 tsp of oil. cook until golden spots appear on the other side also. Repeat the process for remaining flatten dough balls.
- Spread thousand island dressing on chapati. Place the vegetable fry in middle of chapati and roll it.
Vegetable Chappathi Roll / Vegetable Chapathi Roll / Easy vegetable roll / Vegetable roll with leftover chapati
Adjust chilli sauce and green chilli to your taste.
Instead of using thousand island dressing, we can use any other salad dressing or green chutney prepared for chaats.
Adding cumin seeds and fennel seeds is optional.