Vegetable Chapati Roll RecipeVegetables are stuffed and rolled in chapati. Kid's Favorite Lunch box recipe.
Preparation Time : 15 mins | Cooking Time : 15 mins | Yields : 5 rolls
Recipe Category: Main
Recipe Cuisine: Indian
Oil : 1 tsp
Cumin seeds : 1/2 tsp
Fennel seeds : 1/2 tsp
Finely chopped Ginger garlic : 1 tbsp
Finely chopped Green chillies : 3
Onions cut lengthwise : 1/4 Cup
Veggies of your choice cut lengthwise(carrot, cabbage, capsicum) : 1 cup
Red chilli sauce : 2 tsp
Salt : As needed
Coriander Leaves : 3 stalks
Table 2: To make chapati
Chapati Flour | Atta : 1 cup
Oil : 5 tsp
warm water : As needed
Salt : As needed
1. Finely chop green chilli, ginger, garlic and coriander leaves.Cut onions, carrot, cabbage and capsicum lengthwise.
2. Heat Oil in a pan. Add fennel seeds, cumin seeds, finely chopped ginger, garlic and green chillies. when the raw smell goes off, add onions. Fry till onions turn translucent.
3. Add carrots and fry till they are half cooked. Add cabbage and fry till they are cooked.
4. Add capsicum and coriander leaves. Fry for 2-3 mins. I love crunchy capsicums. Add salt and red chilli sauce.
5.To make chappati: Make a soft dough by adding chappati flour, warm water and salt. Knead well and allow the dough to rest for 10 minutes. Take a fraction of a dough and make a ball the size of a medium lemon. Flatten the balls to 10-12 inches in diameter using rolling pin.
7. Spread thousand island dressing or green chutney on chapati. Place the vegetable fry in middle of chapati and roll it.
Vegetable Chappathi Roll / Vegetable Chapathi Roll / Easy vegetable roll / Vegetable roll with leftover chapati
Adjust chilli sauce and green chilli to your taste.
Instead of using thousand island dressing, we can use any other salad dressing or green chutney prepared for chaats.
Adding cumin seeds and fennel seeds is optional.
Tuesday, May 7, 2013
Vegetable Chapati Roll
Vegetable Chapati roll is a quick Indian tiffin /snacks recipe. It can be prepared with left over chapati or fresh chapati. Favourite vegetables are stuffed and rolled in chapati. It makes an excellent kid's lunch box meal. I have used thousand island dressing . It can be replaced with green chutney or your favourite salad dressing. Please check below for step by step instructions and pictures for preparing vegetable chapati roll.